ME AND THE ASPERGER

My name is Belén; if you see me, you could think that I´m just like you but you´d be wrong. I´ve got asperger syndrome since I was born. That syndrome is not something that you could get in an accident or something like that.
Right now, I´m at university studying medicine.

Asperger is a syndrome like autism but a bit weaker. Basically, it´s hard for me to speak with people. Sometimes I do strange moves with my hands when I´m excited and if I don´t like any converstion, I use to think about my things, I mean, my thoughts fly away in another direction and I really dont´t care what people are saying.
I think that my life isn´t different thought it´s harder for me to keep social relationships because of the asperger. However, because of that syndrome I´m also more intelligent than the others.
Aspreger is more usual than you think, for example, Einstein had it. the syndrome doesn´t make my studies harder al all, actually, people with asperger are extremmely good at some field of knowledge.

Now, I´m at university and I´m very well but when I was younger, my classmates didn´t understand me. They said: “She´s stupid”, “She´s awkard, don´t go with her”, “don´t talk to her , She´s subnormal...”
I´m not subnormal, I´ve got a especial way to express myself, that´s all.
People were cruel sometimes when I was younger, I remember that one day someone threw me stones, it was painful but especially it was so humiliating...
I didn´t feel alone beacuse asperger makes you not feel loneliness even if you are in.
However, those cold eyes staring at me hurt me so much that I wanted to cry, but I didn´t know how. I wanted to scream and hit something or someone but I only could my hands in my odd way so people laughed more at me.

Apart from my childhood (it was a bit sad and lonely at school), now I´m all right. Here, pñeople is more mature and even though somebody ocasionally tells me something insulting, in general everyone cares for me and helps me. Now I´ve got friens, yes, True Friends!
I´m happy and I don´t care it a damn my past or those classmates.
I´ve gor asperger so, what? I´m just like you but in my personal and special way.




By: Belén March Calderón

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

SONGS FOR YEAR 20016-17

SONGS FOR YEAR 2015/16

SONGS FOR THE NEW YEAR